UPES was established in the year 2003 through the UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. With an ambitious vision and peerless approach, UPES emerged as an innovative institution offering industry-specialised undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of Engineering, Business, Law, Design, Health Sciences, and the newest of the lot – Modern Media.
The university’s singular purpose is to enable each one to achieve their purpose in life, through the guiding light of knowledge. UPES believes that each one is empowered to pursue their dreams and passions in a meaningful and responsible manner. Thus, enabling one to choose life’s pathways that fulfil their individual purposes fruitfully is the ultimate motivation of UPES.
About the Journal:
UPES Student Law Review (USLR) is a bi-annual, student coordinated, double-blind peer-reviewed legal e-journal based at School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies emanating and embracing legal academia. The publication is entirely produced by the student board of the University under the supervision of accomplished faculty advisors and an expert peer review board.
The USLR Journal aims to publish comprehensive treatments of subjects “articles/essays”, written by law students, legal scholars, professors, jurists, and all diverse members of the legal fraternity as well as shorter pieces, such as “notes” and “comments”.
Eligibility & Fee Details:
- The opportunity is open to all national as well as international students pursuing a recognized bachelor’s or master’s degree in law.
- The submission is absolutely free and no fee will be charged from the author(s) at any stage.
The Theme for Volume 2 Issue 1:
Commercial/Corporate Laws & Governance
- Arbitration Law
- Banking Law
- Capital Markets & Securities Law
- Corporate Governance Regime
- Entrepreneurship in Corporate Engagement
- Food Safety Law
- Insolvency & Bankruptcy Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Investment Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mirco Small and Micro Medium Enterprises (MSME’s)
- Need of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Policies
- Taxation Law
- Uniform Commercial Code
Please Note: The sub-themes listed above are only suggestive. Authors are permitted to choose any suitable sub-theme as per their own discretion; however, the sub-theme must fall under the ambit of the parent theme.
- Deadline for Submission of Abstract and Full Paper: June 10, 2021, by 11:59 PM
- Communication of Acceptance: July 15, 2021
- Submissions shall be in the form of the following entries. The word limit for every category of submission is inclusive of footnotes.
- Articles: 5,000 to 7,000 words
- Essays: 3,000 to 5,000 words
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: 2,000 to 3,000 words
- Book Reviews: 1,000 to 2,000 words
(For book reviews, only unsolicited entries are encouraged. It is also essential that the book must have been published/reprinted in the last three years from the date of the submission of the book review).
- Every submission must consist of an Abstract of not more than 300 words, that should be included in the main submission itself. The Abstract shall stand outside the purview of the word limit in the final submission.
- We follow a zero-tolerance policy against violation of academic integrity and any submission bearing more than 15% plagiarism in its entirety shall be disregarded from consideration.
- It is advisable to choose a theme of contemporary relevance which carries an issue of law that can be analysed critically. Papers dealing with foreign themes should strive to engage with its relevance in the Indian legal context.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
Formatting & Citation Guidelines:
- Only submissions in Microsoft Word compatible formats are permissible (.doc or .docx preferred)
- The Main Title of the Submission shall be in ALL CAPS, Times New Roman, Font Size 16, bold and center-aligned.
- The Sub-Titles shall be in ALL CAPS, Times New Roman, Font Size 14.
- The Main Text shall be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Justified.
- The Line Spacing throughout the submission should be 1.5.
- All references must be made in the form of footnotes using The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition). – Please find the attached guide for reference in the official Brochure.
- The footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, Justified.
- The author(s) shall refrain from using page borders or any other unnecessary formatting features.
- Authors are requested to send their original, unpublished submissions in .doc/.docx format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Subject Line of the email for the submission shall be – “Final Paper Submission: USLR Vol. 2 Issue 1”
- For the submission, the Abstract must be included in the final paper itself.
- Every submission must be accompanied by a separate Cover Letter bearing the following information:
- Full Name of the Author(s)
- Position /Designation
- Institutional Affiliations
- Contact Details of the Author(s)
- Declaration of Originality
- Every submission shall be sent with the duly-filled Copyright Form, failing which the submission would not be considered for the review.
Please download the Copyright Form here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1phpCRELld8BW2kqou5ums0DWL7cHrCbM/view?usp=sharing
Please Note: UPES Student Law Review follows a blind peer review pedagogy, thus, it is expected from the author(s) to not include their name/affiliation or any other form of identifiable marks anywhere in the paper except for on the cover letter.
For any further queries or clarifications, please feel free to reach out to:
Indraneel Chakraborty, Managing Editor: +91 – 8406949776
Parth Singhal, Managing Editor: +91 – 8267879223
For more detailed instructions and guidelines, please go through our Brochure below: