UPES Student Law Review abbreviated ‘USLR‘ is a bi-annual, student-run, blind peer-reviewed legal journal based at the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies emanating and embracing legal scholarship. It is the publication that is entirely produced by the student board of the University. The UPES SLR Journal aims to publish comprehensive treatments of subjects (“articles”), written by law students, professors, and scholars as well as shorter pieces, commonly called “notes” and “comments”.
The journal provides a vehicle for the development of high-quality legal knowledge in the context of public policy, constitution, technology and is subject to special issues. It publishes up-to-date and original legal research contributions for the benefit of scholars, academicians, and policymakers.
It welcomes scholarly legal articles dealing with the application of law in varied areas, or with the related professional and policy aspects. Articles may address legal educational issues, doctrinal, theoretical, or other forms of legal scholarship, or deal with empirical and socio-legal investigations within a built environment context. The Student Law Review will maintain its high standards for publications and also practices the highest level of integrity, transparency, and consistency towards creating a landscape to promote qualitative and scholarly research
VISION AND MISSION OF UPES STUDENT LAW REVIEW
1. To provide a platform to learned and erudite scholars from diverse fields motivated towards enhancing academic and legal research.
2. To develop critical and cognitive faculties and interdisciplinary approaches in legal research and create an ambiance that contributes to the overall development of legal writing.
3. To create and maintain the highest level of qualitative and original material ensuring zero tolerance of plagiarized material in the manuscript.
4. To encourage innovation in legal writing and contribute towards the field of legal education our excellent publishing services. 5. To emerge as a leading academic journal, both nationally and globally in the realm of publishing.
6. To accelerate the dissemination of knowledge through the publication of high-quality research articles.
7. To hone and refine the research and legal writing skills of the learned scholars whose endeavors are to spread their knowledge through their innovative ideas and create a coherent and consistent world for our betterment.
SCOPE OF UPES STUDENT LAW REVIEW
The Student Law Review does not restrict itself to domain-specific legal research. Therefore, scholars/experts from diverse legal fields and domains are encouraged to contribute their research work for publication in the Law Review. UPES Student Law Review is a peer-reviewed journal with an Internal Editorial board and Expert Review Board comprising experts from diverse legal areas. The UPES Student Law Review is published with the objective to provide a platform for judges, jurists, academicians, legal practitioners, and young scholars to express their views on diverse legal issues involving complex legal questions. The Law Review intends to further promote interdisciplinary research; thus, it accepts manuscripts from diverse areas of law and policy. Law Review may also identify a theme for a particular year, and accordingly publish Call for Papers, as will be done this year, i.e. 2020. With the global outbreak of novel coronavirus and the rising number of confirmed COVID19 cases in India, the country has been on high alert. UPES Student Law Review aims to highlight a correlation between law and the contemporary world. Keeping up with such a contemporary scenario, the Editorial Board has chosen to accept submissions pertaining to the theme “Law and contemporary world” with respect to the upcoming 1st Volume of the Law Review.