ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF LAW, UPES
School of Law, UPES was established in 2007 in Dehradun as College of Legal Studies (COLS). It is one of the best and foremost multidisciplinary law schools in India. Its accomplishments has moved it to the pinnacle of legal education by creating expertise in the highly expanding and dynamic areas of Energy, Corporate, Taxation, Intellectual Property and Cyber laws. The objective at School of Law is to produce competent and strong global legal professionals for the future who contribute in nation building. Global corporations across the world need legal guidance for xecution of various corporate affairs such as collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, joint
ventures, technology transfers, issues in intellectual property rights, labor laws etc. To cater these needs School of Law includes programs like techno-legal programs such as LLM with specialization in Energy Laws and several specialized programs including B.Tech. LL.B. with specialization in Cyber Laws and IPR which is a field of prime importance in the future. The programs, at School of Law, enable students to develop strong legal acumen that would help them handle the complexities in legal matters of the entities they associate with and guide them through. The curriculum is a mix of general legal concepts and technical/business aspects that have an impact on judicial practices. The programs are designed by expert faculty with active participation from technical experts from the industry and profession.
UPES LAW REVIEW
UPES Law Review is the leading academic journal emanating and embracing legal scholarship,published by School of Law, UPES, Dehradun. It had its inception in 2013 when it published itsfirst volume and received the ISSN Number: 2347-9620 and RNI number. Its superior reputationis reflected in the excellent quality of the articles published in its previous four editions and thisflagship journal is about to enter its fifth publication cycle this year. The Law Review maintainsits high standards for publication and also practices the highest level of integrity, transparency andconsistency towards creating a landscape to promote qualitative and scholarly research.
VISION AND MISSION OF UPES LAW REVIEW
1. To provide a platform to learned and erudite scholars from diverse fields motivated towards enhancing academic and legal research.
2. To develop critical and cognitive faculties and interdisciplinary approach in legal research and create an ambience that contributes to the overall development of legal writing.
3. To create and maintain the highest level of qualitative and original material ensuring zero tolerance of plagiarized material in the manuscript.
4. To encourage innovation in legal writing and contribute towards the field of legal education our excellent publishing services. 5. To emerge as a leading academic journal, both at nationally and globally in the realm of publishing.
6. To accelerate the dissemination of knowledge through the publication of high-quality research articles.
7. To hone and refine the research and legal writing skills of the learned scholars whose endeavours are to spread their knowledge through their innovative ideas and create a coherent and consistent world for our betterment.
SCOPE OF UPES LAW REVIEW
The Law Review does not restrict itself to domain-specific legal research. Therefore, scholars/experts from diverse legal fields and domain are encouraged to contribute their research work for publication in the Law Review. UPES Law Review is a peer-reviewed journal with an Internal Editorial board and Expert Review Board comprising of experts from the diverse legal areas. The UPES Law Review is published with an objective to provide a platform to judges, jurists, academicians, legal practitioners and young scholars to express their views on diverse legal issues involving complex legal questions. The Law Review intends to further promote interdisciplinary research; thus, it accepts manuscripts from diverse areas of law and policy. Law Review may also identify a theme for a particular year, and accordingly publish Call for Papers, as will be done this year, i.e. 2020. With the global outbreak of novel coronavirus and the rising number of confirmed COVID19 cases in India, the country has been on high alert. UPES Law Review aims to highlight a correlation between law and the contemporary world. Keeping up with such a contemporary scenario, the Editorial Board has chosen to accept submissions pertaining to the theme “Law and contemporary world” with respect to the upcoming 1st Volume of the Law Review.